The popularity of body-worn cameras is increasing over the years and the device is commonly used by the police officers to record altercations. With these cameras, it is really easy to gather video evidence which results in reducing the number of dangerous violent situations. Recently, a large number of police forces are adopting the use of body cam technology and there are numerous companies offering a range of models. It would not be tough for you to select the appropriate body-worn camera if you are aware of your own needs and have the right information available at your end.
Apart from the countless benefits associated with the body-worn camera, there are also some implications that should be considered in advance.
- Massive storage issues – It is mainly due to the high volume of data recorded by these cameras which leads to huge storage issues. As an example, a small European state consisting of 30,000 police officers resulting in 90 million hours of video in a year. In order to store all these videos, you need a massive storage system which results in high costs.
- Managing Exploitation – With a body-worn camera, identifying exploitation is a challenging task to sort out. Once a video is recorded, how can a commanding officer use for evidential purposes? In the criminal prosecution system, a lot of people will need access to the recorded video. In order to avoid any sort of trouble, the video and other additional evidence should be served to elicit guilty pleas in a quick time. With these cameras, you need a flawless back end storage system that multiple users can access but it should be a cost-effective one.
Confront these challenges, How JIMI’s promoted 4G body-worn camera can help to solve the problems?
Let me show how our promoted 4G rugged body-worn camera can help to deal with those matters from these 3 main aspects.
- 4G Body camera supports digital evidence upload in real-time.
- Video streaming and a two-way push to talk are helpful for accurate reports.
- Support attendance recording by GPS tracking and NFC functions.
For evidence record, be with 4K and 1080 pixels resolution alternative options and 120 degrees wide angle, jimiB9, and B8H record evidence more clearly and original. What’s more, with excellent IR light in low-light sensor, B8H and B9 give an optimal night vision with a distance greater than 8 meters. So it is really helpful for the evidence record.
Another function is real-time GPS tracking. Sometimes, you have assigned your guards to execute tasks in spot, while you have no idea whether they were there or not. GPS tracking function will indicate to you where they are on the map.NFC function allows for patrol check-in management, so you can easily know who’s on the beat and where they are.
With the ever-increasing number of criminal acts, implementing body-worn camera systems to the infrastructure of security firms and law enforcement agencies is a must. It is all about using the recording device in the right manner and strictly avoiding any misuse. According to experts, these cameras should be handled by professionals who have a good understanding of the technology. Without a doubt, the body-worn camera technology is here to stay for a very long time and we hope the exploitation of the recordings can be kept under control.
If you want to learn more 4G Body Camera at https://www.jimisecu.com/solutions-for-law-enforcement/